Consultant | Software Development
We are actively looking for smart graduates with an interest in low carbon energy. We offer the opportunity to work on interesting and challenging projects and you will be given the chance to make significant contributions from day one. As many of our projects involve software and model development, we are currently seeking consultants with specific skills relevant to our work in these areas.
Consultants manage complex international projects, develop innovative software and models, carry out research and quantitative analysis of diverse technologies, assess markets and regulations, and provide clients with leadership, insightful conclusions and strategic advice. This is an opportunity for proactive individuals to develop their own initiatives and to have a rewarding career in the low carbon technology sector.
What we look for
- First ideal, but 2.1 will also be considered, or postgraduate qualification, in physical science, computer science, engineering or economics.
- Experience using Python for software development is essential (knowledge of numpy, Pandas and Django web framework advantageous).
- Excellent all-round skills (leadership, communication, flexibility, numeracy) are essential, and these will be further developed through diverse projects.
- Additional skill across the following areas are also advantageous, though not essential:
- Working knowledge of relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experienced in version control and source code management tools e.g. Git
- Experience working with cloud computing platforms e.g. Amazon Web Services
- Ability to work on various operating systems (Linux, Windows)
- Experience of Excel including VBA
Positions are available in Cambridge, London, York and Lille.
If joining our team appeals to you please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the Consultant | Software Development role in the subject line.
Element Energy is an equal opportunities employer.